Digital signage is currently deployed in multiple applications within the retail market. The use of digital signage is found in both passive and active applications. Passive applications include background environmental signage (i.e. video walls, music videos, etc.) as well as internal communications to employees. Active applications include interactive kiosks, wayfinding, and custom build to order sales tools.
Retail Market Consists Primarily Of:
- Big Box Retailer - WalMart, Target, etc.
- Specialty Retailer - Gap, Build-A-Bear Workshops, etc.
- Grocery Store
- Convenience Store and Petroleum
- Quick Service Restaurants and Fast Casual Restaurant
Each market has specific requirements and needs that can be met by incorporating digital signage systems.
- Video Walls
- Interactive Kiosks
- End-cap Signage
- Point of Purchase Tools
- In-Store Advertising Network
- Digital Menu Boards
Benefits for Retailers:
- Ease of introducing new marketing campaigns
- Ability to sell advertising to suppliers of goods and services
- Ability to cross market products and services
- Additional sales tool to increase margins and attachment rates of tertiary products
- Ability to create stronger brand equity between customers and brand
- Decrease costs associated with printing and shipping of static materials
- Costs effective promotions and marketing
- Can be used in back office for internal corporate communications to store staff
- Use as a tool for in-house training of goods, services, and corporate information
- Environmentally friendly by reducing waste goods
- Ability to incorporate live infotainment to entertain and inform guests in store common areas
- Display emergency management messages
- Ensures a common branding and customer experience across all locations
- Day part sales promotions as well as utilize inventory level systems to change promotions based in stock
- In retail with dining, can incorporate digital menu boards